Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Women's Gymnastics-Olympics

Last night watching the Women's gymnastics brought me back to when I was sitting at my aunts house on the floor three inches from the tv set watching the Nadia Comaneci, in the 80's. She stole my heart. Anything I could get my hands on to watch Nadia was a gift.

And here I was, glued to the TV again; my heart racing watching the USA women's team perform their mighty hearts out. Their humanness, and their perfection on display for the world. I felt the pain of
Alicia Sacramone as she fell attempting a jumping mount. Her face said it all. And even though it is speculated that China's gymnasts were underage, they still performed spectacularly. Watching USA Men's Michael Phelps take Gold in Swimming, making this his personal record breaking 'most Gold medals in history by one athlete', and breaking more records just blew me away.

I didn't want to go to sleep, my heart was swelled with pride. These amazing athletes, with eyes of steel focus, just electrified me. My four year old asked me, "mommy, when can I do that?" watching gymnastics. "Whenever you want to, honey." I said and I knew I meant it.

No comments: